For those of you who, from after reading that first post, think my family is some sort of stunt group,
let me put your mind at ease, we're not!
let me put your mind at ease, we're not!
While everyone in my family is very hard-headed and we do all have relatively hard heads,
we are very loving people. We just made stupid mistakes which I am sure all of you can relate to.
we are very loving people. We just made stupid mistakes which I am sure all of you can relate to.
I am the second oldest of four children so I have the experience of being the one following the
sibling around, and being the one that gets followed around. For those of you that have older siblings,
do you find yourself comparing yourself to them? I do! When I was younger, I wanted to be the mirror
image of my brother, but now I don't. Now I read 5 books in 5 days, or start writing a story just because
I can, or run cross country(all of which I've done). These are the things I like to do that my brother doesn't.
sibling around, and being the one that gets followed around. For those of you that have older siblings,
do you find yourself comparing yourself to them? I do! When I was younger, I wanted to be the mirror
image of my brother, but now I don't. Now I read 5 books in 5 days, or start writing a story just because
I can, or run cross country(all of which I've done). These are the things I like to do that my brother doesn't.
While there are many differences between us like how I will buy all the books in a given store, he will buy
all the shoes in the store next door. Honestly, I am really smart when it comes to math, English, and
science, while my brother knows half of the basketball players, football players, and baseball players.
Also, he is a whiz with the waves, which you will learn more about later.
all the shoes in the store next door. Honestly, I am really smart when it comes to math, English, and
science, while my brother knows half of the basketball players, football players, and baseball players.
Also, he is a whiz with the waves, which you will learn more about later.
I am going to end with something we have in common, we both love sports. He was into basketball,
baseball, and football, while I am into cross country, basketball, and track. It's not easy having siblings,
but it is fun.
baseball, and football, while I am into cross country, basketball, and track. It's not easy having siblings,
but it is fun.
Othneil this is killing my eyes. Change the text to white PLEASE.
ReplyDeleteIt is supposed to be white. That is what I set it to on blogger, but it won't change.
DeleteNever mind, I got it.
DeleteI agree with Elizabeth. Also wow that's a lot of books. I knew you read a lot but wow. That's a lot of books.
ReplyDeleteI have a sibling as well, Maggie, who is my sister. Since we are of different genders the things we have in common are a lot less than what I would have in common with a brother. Nevertheless there are still some similarities between us.
ReplyDeleteI didn't have a sibling until I was about 8 or so, which is when I met the guy who would become my stepbrother. Although my situation is different from yours, I definitely can relate to the constant comparing! We played off of our differences quite a bit. It's cool to reflect and see the things you have in common though. Your family seems to be full of interesting people! I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts about them.
ReplyDeleteI'm an only child, and have always kind of wanted a sibling (older or younger, preferably older) to play with/ so I didn't feel so alone at home. Don't get me wrong, both of my parents still live with me. But the 30-40 year age gap and the fact that they didn't grow up in America meant they couldn't chat with me/ relate to me with many of the usual conversation topics. This post definitely informed me more about the situation of having siblings.
ReplyDelete