As I am sure many people can relate to, I am busy. You go to Uni and then you find out that you can do U of I classes your junior and senior years. Your initial reaction is, “OMG!” , but after you get into your class, it is like “O-M-G”.
I am taking ARCH 171 which is an architectural class, and yeah it is fun, but time does not end up on my side. Over the past few weeks I been building my own stool using wood that I had to buy. Okay, my dad bought it but still! Then, the woodshop where I go to cut the wood is only open from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm and with school and sports I am left with only 2 hours to work. Not only that, the room is so small that I have to wait about 30 minutes to an hour before I can get in because of their doggone 25 people capacity. I was able to spend time with my dad though and we finished my stool together last night. (Staying up until about 12:30 in the process.)
If you have this much stuff going on then yes, you should get out and smell the roses. Unless you are allergic to them or cannot find them because then you will have to spend even more of your time looking for a rose that you can smell or otherwise becoming too sick to do anything. I’m going off on a tangent.
Ooh! I forgot to mention all of the clubs I’m in! Anyway, if you want to be like me and put too much food on your plate, make sure you leave room for dessert and a beverage. Take advantage of the time you spend with your family and your friends because that is what will really counts after you leave school. (We go to Uni so I know you aren’t going to up and stop trying to be perfect at everything you do or stop stressing just with the snap of your fingers, but have fun and make time for other people.)
Sorry for this being a little long, but just enjoy life because it doesn’t last forever!
Oops! It was shorter than I thought!
ReplyDeleteShort, but pleasant. I liked how jaunty you always are in your blogs. It's like having a conversation, not having someone talk AT me. I'm sure you will have bountiful success in all of your classes, U of I and otherwise. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI agree that we should definitely leave time for hobbies and spending time with friends and family. I think when we reflect back on our years in high school, we will look back fondly the times when we were spontaneous and had fun. We shouldn't waste our years in high school. It's the time to learn a lot, but also enjoy ourselves!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that you have such a busy schedule. It's really great that you're having fun and getting a lot out of your class though; you get to have fun while doing work for your class and spend time with your family. I think I complain a lot about difficult classes, but a lot of the time a class being challenging is what makes it fun. Good luck and do well with the rest of your semester!
ReplyDeleteThat architectural class sounds pretty fun (if a bit stressful with the timing as you mentioned). While spending money on wood and staying up late must not have been fun, the fact that you can build your own furniture is pretty impressive and will be quite useful later on in life.
ReplyDelete