Most people have heard the phrase "hard headed" before. The definition of a "hard headed" person is, someone who is really stubborn and won't change their mind about things unless a strong argument is made. In my family we are all really "hard headed" when it comes to someone getting something for us. We always try to give, but never try to receive.
I have another definition of "hard headed" though.
When I was younger my older brother and I were playing catch with a teddy bear and then when I through it, he jumped and hit his head on the glass table. He still has the scar from that incident although it is mostly gone now. It is right above his left eye.
My younger brother was jumping on the bed one time when he fell off and hit his head on the shelf. He had to get stitches.
I, on the other hand have never gotten a head injury besides when I hit a baseball right back into my right eye and fractured two bones near my eye. It's not because I haven't hurt my head, I just have a really hard one.
When I was younger I was rocking over the railing of my bunk bed and then flipped over it and hit my head on the bottom bunk rail. I just started laughing and somehow wasn't hurt. Then another time when I was riding my back, my older brother and I crashed into each other with him flipping over his back and landing in the grass and me landing on the street. Somehow, I still didn't hurt my head. Then all the times I have gotten hit in the head by a flying object, I still haven't been injured. I am "hard headed" in more than one way.
For all you of you that like to do stunts and play a lot of sports, before you do all of that, make sure you're "hard headed."
I have another definition of "hard headed" though.
When I was younger my older brother and I were playing catch with a teddy bear and then when I through it, he jumped and hit his head on the glass table. He still has the scar from that incident although it is mostly gone now. It is right above his left eye.
My younger brother was jumping on the bed one time when he fell off and hit his head on the shelf. He had to get stitches.
I, on the other hand have never gotten a head injury besides when I hit a baseball right back into my right eye and fractured two bones near my eye. It's not because I haven't hurt my head, I just have a really hard one.
When I was younger I was rocking over the railing of my bunk bed and then flipped over it and hit my head on the bottom bunk rail. I just started laughing and somehow wasn't hurt. Then another time when I was riding my back, my older brother and I crashed into each other with him flipping over his back and landing in the grass and me landing on the street. Somehow, I still didn't hurt my head. Then all the times I have gotten hit in the head by a flying object, I still haven't been injured. I am "hard headed" in more than one way.
For all you of you that like to do stunts and play a lot of sports, before you do all of that, make sure you're "hard headed."
Oh you hit your head a lot as a child? That explains a lot. Lol jk.
ReplyDeleteI really like this definition of hard headed! I love the way you explained it and how you added your own personal twist to it! You were able to engage the reader in this post and I can't wait for the next one!
ReplyDeleteI love how you twisted the definition of hard headed to be more literal than its original figurative meaning. I think it's nice to sometimes take things from a more face value standpoint. Also, nice sports advice ahahaha.
ReplyDeleteIt's a good thing that hard-headedness runs in your family :)
ReplyDeleteThis blog begs the question, does being hard headed lead to being hard headed? I enjoyed the lighthearted tone, and the collection of goofy family stories, although it is kind of a strange, dangerous habit you're family has developed.
ReplyDeleteIt is interesting how you wrote your blog post. Writing on the topic of being hard-headed is funny, and something that was always told to me when I was a kid too. I really enjoyed reading this and am looking forward to reading more from you.
ReplyDelete