Caleb

I am going to be honest with you. I don't have any interesting stories I can tell you, I am not that funny, and I don't have the experience of accidentally killing goldfish. What I do have, however, is an interesting family that I love very much. So, as promised, you get to learn about my older brother and his waves.

My older brother's name is Caleb. He is 19, going on 20, and works at Jimmy Jazz. Like mentioned in the previous blog, he is really into sports. He played hockey, baseball, football, and basketball when he was younger, but could only play baseball, football, and basketball as he got older due to hockey being really expensive. Just because, he didn't come to Uni, doesn't mean he isn't smart. He didn't come here since we don't have baseball, which is his favorite sport. He is planning on majoring in accounting.

Now for the waves. I am not talking about surfing, for all of you who thought that. What I am talking about is a hairstyle that can only be done with what I call, "black people hair." Every child in my family, the exception being my younger brother, was born with really thick hair. My older brother and I both got ours cut when we were young, but as you can still, I am growing my hair back out. He, on the other hand, has been changing his hairstyle constantly. He has had the buzz cut, "fro-hawk", fade, and now the waves. Hopefully he sticks to the waves, but knowing him, he will probably try something new after a while. 

I would explain how to get waves, but instead, I will just show you a picture and say that he is really good at maintaining them. I know this class is supposed to be all about "introspective homework", but my family comes first in everything. That includes my writing. So, keep reading my blog, and you'll find out a lot more about my family.

P.S. - I will probably write more blogs than is required so please don't get annoyed and you don't have to read all of them. I just love to write. Thanks!

P.P.S - If you remember Modern History with Mr. Butler, and you remember how the hunter gatherers usually had their children 4 years apart so that they wouldn't have to raise two babies at once, that is my family. My older brother is 4 years older than me, I am 4 years older than my younger brother, and my younger brother is 4 years older than my baby sister (not a baby anymore.) Not exactly, obviously, but almost.

Comments

  1. Thanks for fixing the text Othneil!

    This is a really nice blog post. Your brother sounds really cool. And I totally get what you said about how just because he didn't go to Uni, doesn't mean he isn't smart. My little brother is pretty much the same. He likes marching band and parties, and Uni doesn't really provide those things.

    It doesn't mean he isn't smart (he's actually WAY smarter than I am), it just means we have different interests. Uni doesn't always fit everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very glad you said that just because he didn't go to Uni doesn't mean he isn't smart. It's a good point to make. I also liked your "P.P.S" connection to Mr. Butler's class.

    I also think it's really inspiring how you talk about your family. Maybe next week I'll follow suit and write about my older brother as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the voice you use. It is like you are talking to me in real life. I love the way the "wave hairstyle" looks, and if you get it right it is so cool to rock. You go into depth about your brother and I thought that was so nice because I would never talk about my brother in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you said that your family comes first in everything, including in your writing! I like how you related your siblings age differences to Mr. Butler's class :) I definitely can't relate to that one since I have a 2 year age gap with my brother and a 12 year one with my sister. I always wished that my sister was closer in age with me though, so it's cool that you and your siblings only have 4 year age gaps. I look forward to reading more blog posts about your family in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very unique post Othniel. You were successful in giving us a good idea of who your brother is. What you said about him not going to Uni because we don't have a baseball team also made me realize something. There are plenty of gifted kids in the area who are really good at baseball or football, but won't go here because those sports are a large part of their lives. This is unfortunate, but I don't see us getting a baseball or football team anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment