I can’t believe this is our last blog. Time really does fly! (If it was an actual object and had wings or superpowers or something) Like, where did “doggone” come from? Phrases like, “that doggone test.” There was never a dog! Anyway, I know my blogs haven’t been the best, believe me on that! I am going to love doing creative writing next year (sorry to all you seniors who will be in college next year). That’s if I get it anyway.
That is so crazy right! I mean, it was just yesterday when I was a young buck that only cared about
my rainbow cups that I always had to have with me, and now look at me. I am almost a junior in high
school. I know that most of us don’t know what we want to be when we grow up, but nothing is set in
stone. (There’s another one. Fossils are actually set in stone so I guess that statement is false). I love
wordplay. When people yell, “heads up!” all the heads go down. That is so funny to me, but then
again, I do have a strange sense of humor. I might not be the loud and noisy when I am at school, but if you saw me at home, you would think I was a mad-man. I have a really fun family.
The ones who are reading this might find it hard to follow what the heck I am writing about, but my brain does move faster than my hands. I can jump from thinking about one thing to thinking about another thing when I want to. Is it actually talking to yourself if your talking in your head, and is that actually called talking?
Well, enough questions, I mean this is our last blog post. What I want to leave you with is a quote I came up with in one of my essays and tell you that, “life is a carnival.” No matter what happens in life, and even if you don’t get to do what you thought you wanted to do, don’t fret! There are so many wonderful things for you out there and while riding on a Ferris wheel isn’t the same as riding on a roller coaster, they are both fun. Just enjoy life and let it take you wherever!
P.S - Now that I know how to make a blog, stay tuned for chapters of this book I am writing. I only have one chapter done and I am pretty busy, but I am going to keep writing and sharing it with you guys. Have a good rest of the semester!
You're "almost a junior in high school" ? Smooth Othneil. You're totally right though - I can't believe it's the end of the semester. That's scary.
ReplyDeleteBTW are you posting your book chapters on this blog?
DeleteLol I never realized the wole heads up --> heads down thing! That's actually really funny. Now I will surely crack up the next time I'm on a construction site and someone yells that. Moments later I will die. So...thanks.
ReplyDeleteThis blog post was hard to follow. I think it is a good representation of the way your mind moves faster than you sometimes--I felt the chaos.
Also, rainbow cups? What? Like...jock strap cups?
Hahaha you're a punny guy Othniel. I remember always wanting to grow up faster, but now I want to stop time, if only for a little while.
ReplyDeleteI will say that our remaining time at Uni will be a joyride. We'll soon have to worry about college applications and what we want to be in the future. Yeesh.
We'll just have to go with the flow.
I know! I can't believe that we are already done with blog posts. I like how chill this blog post was and how you finished it off in your voice, it seemed like we were having a conversation. I also enjoyed reading your post, because it was like following your train of thought (It was like you were typing what came to mind). Great blog and I've enjoyed reading your post!
ReplyDelete